What if art could help solve St. Louis’ deepest community problems? What if creativity could be an agent for positive change? These are the questions we’re asking.
Celebrate arts and culture all around us.
The Regional Arts Commission leads, strengthens, and gives voice to a creative community where every citizen can be proud to live, work and play in a world-class region. In short, we are proud of our St. Louis cultural identity and want to do whatever we can to grow, sustain and promote that identity in the future. We are at the forefront of helping transform St. Louis into a more vibrant, creative and economically thriving community through the arts – and want everyone to know just how special the creative community is within the region.
Our organization was founded in 1985 to promote, encourage and foster the arts and cultural institutions in St. Louis City and County, and to contribute to the economic development of the area through a strong presence of the arts.
The mission of the Regional Arts Commission is to create an environment that nurtures artists, as well as arts and cultural organizations, by
- Providing funds to promote, encourage and foster the arts and cultural institutions and activities within its boundaries
- Promoting and preserving cultural diversity
- Helping artists and arts and cultural organizations improve quality
- Creating equal access to cultural opportunities
- Insuring consideration of aesthetic issues in local decision making
- Continuing to engage in cultural planning
RAC is a leader in providing innovation, access and creative solutions to economic and community development. We advocate respect, inclusion and appreciation of the diverse cultures of all individuals and are always striving to achieve creative methods of community growth.